Rate Your Music score: 3.17 out of 5!
Here's another lost hit that had a "Take It Away" moment of sorts.
This track was by the hard rock band from Switzerland named Krokus. As it happens, there's a flower called a crocus. This gave rise to an incident that took place in biology class when I was a high school sophomore only a few years after this record was a hit.
That class was insufferable. Everything about that school was, but particularly this class. It was a disaster from day one, and was never anything else. But one day, the teacher mentioned a crocus. As soon as that word was uttered, I knew exactly what would happen next.
True to form, I heard someone go, "Midnite maniac!" They sang it in the same style that Krokus did.
But the teacher didn't seem to notice. He also didn't notice on the day he got out his briefcase in class, and I chanted, "Briefcase full of bluuuuues..." This was inspired by the title of the Blues Brothers' debut album.
I forgot about the crocus incident until many years later when I had a work assignment. This was at the Department of the Interior gig that the George W. Bush regime unceremoniously discontinued (and which everyone neglected me on anyway). I found that there was a street in Taylor Mill called Crocus Lane. When I discovered this, I went, "Midnite maniac!"
Did you read it in the paper 'bout the danger comin' your way?
No comments:
Post a Comment