Saturday, September 21, 2024

"Too Young To Fall In Love" by Mötley Crüe

1984 / #90

Rate Your Music score: 3.45 out of 5!

Hemorrhoids can be age-related. Although people of all ages have been afflicted, the risk grows as you get older, because the body weakens and you can't exercise as much.

It's maddening.

The burning and itching are a fact of life for many. But some folks are afflicted fairly early in life. This prompted one observer to tell a hemorrhoid sufferer, "You're too young to have hemorrhoids."

This in turn led me to rename a Mötley Crüe song when I was a college DJ.

I started on WRFN during my second semester of college. NKU promised to mail me information about the station right when I enrolled, but never did, so I didn't get to go on the air until my second semester. The station gave me a morning timeslot, and there was a method to the madness. Music selections were categorized so we'd play current songs at certain points during each hour, and oldies from different decades at other points. We also ran ads during these hours, as this was a carrier current station and wasn't licensed as a noncommercial operation.

Eventually, the station moved me to late afternoons, so I could be "unleashed." Late afternoon slots weren't limited by the format clock, and we could play tracks that the station wouldn't otherwise play. This was also decades before NKU started raising a stink about students "clustering", so we were still allowed to have social lives.

I'm sure Mötley Crüe fit WRFN's regular rock format, but I was already in the lost hits biz, and I wanted to play songs you didn't hear much anymore. Thus, "Too Young To Fall In Love."

Or as I called it, "Too Young To Have Hemorrhoids."

I want to dig up some tapes of my old shows. I'm pretty sure I have one where I called the song that.

No comments:

Post a Comment